Saturday, January 3, 2009

And so it begins...

Here I am again broken and tired lying at my Master's feet. I desperately want to stay in His presence but somehow I find myself so far away that I can barely see His Light. I am desperate to get better and the only way I can do that is through the love and care of my Savior. I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I struggle with anxiety and depression and I have a lot of emotional issues from my past to sift through. This is my journey to get well.

My Master's Hands are so precious to me. They knitted me in my mother's womb. They know me inside and out. They hold every tear I've ever cried. They are kind and gentle when I need direction. They are firm yet loving when I need guidance. They cradle me me when I'm scared, praise me when I've done well and hold me up when I'm weary and broken. It is these hands that have continued to carry me through the years. Times of jubilation and times of heartache. They never fail to catch me when I fall. They even hold on tight when I try desperately to wriggle from their grasp. In my Master's Hands I have faith, hope, love and peace. In these Hands I want to remain. I believe He still has a plan for my life. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. " (NLT)

I have found that when I keep a journal and stay in His Word I seem to do better handling the stresses in my life. Since I have 2 children and a husband, it is much harder for me to pen my feelings on paper than what it is to type them out on my laptop. I also thought that maybe my struggles can be just what someone else out there needs to hear so they don't feel alone. You my readers out there are my accountability to stay the course. Thank you for seeing me off on this journey. I'll keep you updated and hope to rejoice with you soon.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Dear Lord,
You are an Awesome God. You have been with me every step of the way through this journey thus far. I ask that you allow me the privilege of remaining in your Hands. You have not given up on me Lord and for that I thank you. I give my marriage, my husband, my children and my life over to you. You made this sinful shell of a person and Lord, only you can fix it. I am asking You to give me endurance and encouragement. Sustain me through this time Lord and like the refiners fire allow me to come out on the other side reflecting more of You. I don't know why you have allowed this in my life, but Lord, do with it as You will. I only ask for You to get the glory. In your precious, Holy name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment